- Please review the following terms & conditions carefully before using this website, which is operated by Selected. Pty Ltd (“Selected.”, “we” or “us”).
- Members must be 16 years of age and over, to be eligible to use the Website and subscribe.
- The Selected. team updates Selected. members with invites and special offers via email, therefore, please ensure that your details are inputted correctly into your Selected. Profile subscription.
- Should we continue to receive bounce-back emails after an e-broadcast, your Selected. subscription may be cancelled without prior notification.
- To avoid spam and unwanted communication you should always exercise judgment when revealing personal information in public forums. Sensitive and confidential information should not be sent via private messaging.
- Selected. does not allow any illegal activities on its Website. You cannot use the Website to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information. Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, software, text, music or other material protected by intellectual property laws (including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets), rights of privacy or publicity or any other personal or proprietary rights or applicable laws unless you own or control the rights to that material or have received all necessary consents.
- Selected. may from time to time post on behalf of third-parties. These threads will clearly be marked as partnerships.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while using the Website and/or during your subscription.
- Selected. does not tolerate any argumentative, derogatory or hurtful remarks regarding designers, fashion and beauty houses, retail outlets, companies or individuals. Any such remark deemed unacceptable will be edited or deleted without prior notification.
- Some content and links on the Internet may contain adult content and may not be suitable to some age groups.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through any post.
- The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
- Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements, and do not necessarily represent the views of Selected. or its third party service providers.
- The Website is moderated from time to time, and we reserve the right to refuse to post, or to edit or delete any posts without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever.
- Any content or material on the Website may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Selected.
- You can subscribe to SELECTED a month to month basis, or for such other periods that SELECTED may offer from time to time, and the applicable fees are set forth on the subscription page. You are responsible for reading and understanding the specific terms and conditions applicable to any subscription fee and/or promotions or discounts. SELECTED reserves the right to revise and update the applicable fees for subscriptions (including the fees set out on the relevant app stores where you subscribe to the Platform), and the different subscription packages available, at any time at its sole discretion. Any such revision or updates to the fees will apply prospectively to any subscription entered into following the effective date of the fee revision or update.
- You pay the fees for your subscription on the SELECTED website through a credit card. The price of your subscription, as well as the currency in which your subscription is payable is in AUD. When you purchase a subscription, you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. By submitting payment details, you represent that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription. SELECTED reserves the right to contact the issuing bank/payment provider and/or law enforcement authorities or other appropriate third parties if there is suspicious activity.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel at least twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the current billing period.
- All subscriptions have a commitment term of two months. Only once the commitment term has ended you can cancel your subscripiton by navigating to your profile page and following the prompts to cancel your subscription. Upon such cancellation, you will still be entitled to access the subscription services on the Platform for the remainder of the duration that you have paid for.
- You may notify us of your intention to cancel your subscription at any time. If you have passed the commitment term, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period, and you will not receive a refund.
- INTRODUCTORY OFFER - THE DAILY EDITED. If you sign up as one of our first 500 members, your details will be passed on to TDE team to receive your voucher. You will receive a $30 voucher redeemable on a $60 spend in store or online. This voucher is valid for 12 months.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Selected. is the owner and operator of this Website.
- Each user of this Website (“User” or “you”) agrees to be bound by these terms and your use of and access to this Website indicates your acceptance of and agreement with these terms, as they exist at the time of use.
- Selected. may amend these terms at any time by posting changes on the Website. If you use the Website (other than to review the amended terms) after a notice of change has been provided, you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms. Selected. will include on the Website the date on which it last made amendments to these terms.
- Selected. may alter, suspend or discontinue the Website and/or its functionality and/or the content made available through the Website at any time, with or without notice to Users, and, to the full extent permitted by law and subject to the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, Selected. will not be liable to any ser or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
- All intellectual property in relation to content on this Website belongs to Selected. or its licensors, advertisers or affiliates. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All content on this Website is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
- The logos of the Website are trademarks of Selected. or its related bodies corporate. Other trademarks may be displayed on the Website from time to time. These may belong to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any logo, trademark or masthead displayed on the Website, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
- Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Without limiting the foregoing, copying and use of the above listed materials to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited. However, you are permitted to make one copy for the purposes of viewing content for your own personal use.
- Selected. does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (ACL) or equivalent State or Territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. Selected. otherwise excludes all rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of the Website whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the ACL, the following provisions apply:
- Selected. does not warrant the accuracy of the content which you access through this Website. The content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content which you access through this Website may be changed at Selected.’s sole discretion and without notice.
- Selected. will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site.
- Selected. does not warrant that functions of this Website or which you access through this Website, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that there will be no technical problems which prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of the Website or any content which ought to be accessible through the Website, or that Selected. or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
- Where permitted under local law, including the ACL, liability of Selected. for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at Selected.’s discretion, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again. However, Selected. cannot limit its liability in this manner if you establish that it would not be fair or reasonable for Selected. to do so.
- This Website may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content.
- This Website may include links to third party sites which are not related to Selected. and in relation to which Selected. has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this Website does not indicate any relationship between Selected. and that third party or any endorsement by Selected. of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising.
- When you submit content to Selected. in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant Selected. a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to publish, transmit or otherwise use that content in our published materials, now and in the future and to attribute you, using the details you have provided to us, as the author/provider of that content.
- Selected. reserves the right not to use the content you submit.
- You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the content you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
- You indemnify Selected. against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Selected. as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
- You waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and use by Selected. in accordance with these terms.
- Users must not use this Website for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Victoria in Australia.
- Terms and conditions: Valid from May 1 to May 31 on full priced products only. One use per customer and only valid at our online store at viktoriaandwoods.com.au
Liability & Indemnity
Third Party Content & Links
- This Policy describes how we handle the personal information we collect when we provide our services. Our services include: home delivery subscription, digital services subscription, advertising, websites, mobile sites, applications ("apps"), and widgets, competitions and customer surveys (collectively, "Company Services").
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information to provide Company Services and for our business operations. If you choose not to provide the information we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require. We describe the main types of personal information we collect and the main reasons why we collect that information below.
This is the information you provide to us when you register for or acquire a Company Service. This may include information you provide us to:
- create an account;
- become a subscriber;
- become an advertiser;
- receive a newsletter; or
- enter a competition.
Registration Information includes, for example, your name, delivery or postal address, email address, gender and birthday.
You are able to use some Company Services without providing any personal information (for example when browsing our digital products as a casual user) or by providing an alias. We usually tell you when you are able to use Company Services in this way.
Information from third party social media
If you access or log-in to a Company Service through a third party social media service or connect a Company Service to your social media profile, we may also include information from that social media service. This may include:
- your user name for that service;
- any information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with us (such as your profile picture(s), email address, followers or friends lists); and
- any other information you have made public (including other posts you make using your social media profile).
When you visit our Website (including to access and use Company Services) we and certain third parties such as Facebook may collect information about your visit. For example, in order to connect you to the Company Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, which may include your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Website or Company Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device.
Information from other sources
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information from other sources. This may include information from publicly available sources (such as other published content) and data providers, as well as information from our business partners or related and affiliated companies in Australia or internationally.
Information in relation to other persons who deal with us
Selected. also collects personal information about our suppliers and individuals employed by our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents and corporate customers. We will explain why we are collecting this information and how we will use that information, unless it obvious from the circumstances.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect about you to provide Company Services to you. As part of our service to you we may use your personal information:
- to fulfill administrative functions associated with these services (for example billing, credit and account management);
- to enter into contracts with you or third parties;
- to measure and improve Company Services and their individual features;
- to improve your experience by delivering content (including editorial, marketing and advertising) we think you will find relevant and interesting;
- for other marketing and client relationship purposes;
- for competitions or rewards programs;
- to provide you with customer support; and
- to respond to your enquiries.
Where your personal information is contained in an advertisement which we publish for you, we may also use your information to publish that advertisement in other media. We do this in accordance with our terms and conditions for the initial publication. If you include personal information in letter, email or text message to an editor or journalist, we may publish your name and suburb to identify you as the author of that if we publish it in any media.
When we collect your information, we may explain that we will use and disclose your information in other ways. For example, if you win a competition, we may disclose your information to relevant regulatory authorities and publish your details in accordance with the competition terms.
We may also remove certain information or alter the information we collect about you so you can no longer be identified from that information. We do this so that we can use it or disclose it to third parties for other purposes.
We use the information we collect about you for the following additional purposes:
Research and data analysis
We may also use your information for research and data analysis to improve Company Services. We may do this research or engage a service provider to do this.
To allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing the Company Services
We may make your information available to certain third party service and content providers who help us manage or provide the Company Services or provide Company Services with related services. This might include providers of cloud services, website hosting service providers, debt collection service providers and direct marketing service providers. These third parties may be located in a range of different countries including the United Kingdom, United States of America and Singapore. We require them to comply with relevant privacy laws.
To allow social sharing functionality
To provide co-branded services and features we may offer co-branded services
To deliver relevant advertisements and content
Selected. and our advertisers may use the information we collect about you to provide you with relevant advertisements and content when you use the Website or Company Services. We may also use your personal information so that relevant advertising can be provided to you when you use services or visit websites of other organisations. We may combine information that we hold about you with information about you that we collect from other trusted businesses with whom you also have a relationship or from public sources and we may associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use. We may also share information we hold about you with those trusted businesses so that they can do the same thing. We and those trusted businesses do this in order to enable the development of consumer insights about you so that each of us can serve you better. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services. Where those insights are provided to others for their own marketing purposes, such insights do not contain any information that identifies you. We may also use third party service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
To contact you
To contact you from time to time, we may send you promotional materials or other information which we think may interest you. For example, we may send you an invitation to participate in various activities (such as customer surveys) or special offers.
To share with our affiliates and business partners
Selected. may share your information with partners or affiliates so they can send you marketing communications. This will only happen if you have expressly agreed to this.
To protect the rights of Selected. and others
We may share your information with other third parties where we are lawfully entitled to do so. This includes when we have a reasonable basis to believe that sharing your information is necessary to:
- protect the safety, privacy, and security of users of the Website and/or Company Services or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes;
- comply with the law or legal process in any country; or
- respond to requests from public and government authorities.
To complete a merger or sale of assets
If Selected. sells all or part of its business or assets, we may disclose your information to the party or parties involved in the sale transaction. We may also do this if Selected. is involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business. We may disclose your information prior to the sale, transfer or merger so that the party or parties involved can consider the transaction and complete any due diligence.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We use reasonable measures to safeguard the personal information we hold about you from loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, including:
- System security - We take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to our online and computerised systems by using measures such as firewalls, data encryption, virus detection methods, and password restricted access.
- Property security - At our business premises, we may engage security personnel and use ID cards to restrict access to those premises.
- Third parties - We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties who store or assist us to store your personal information adopt appropriate security measures.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
If you would like to access, review, correct or update your personal information, you may contact us. When you contact us, please provide your name and contact details (including your email address, address, and telephone number) and specify clearly what information you would like to access, review, correct or update. We will need to share your information with others who can help us respond to your request. We will try to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If we refuse your request we will generally tell you why.
HOW CAN YOU OPT OUT?
If you do not want to receive promotional messages from us, you can change your account settings or follow the unsubscribe instructions which we include at the bottom of our emails and text messages. If you have installed our app, you can stop push notifications by changing the settings in the app or on your mobile device.
If you have linked any of your social media profiles to your account for any Company Service, you can cancel that link by changing your account settings. If you need any assistance with changing your account settings, please contact us.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOU
Location of Data
Some Company Services are hosted in and managed outside of Australia, including in the United Kingdom, the United States of America and Singapore. In dealing with us, you consent to this practice, understanding that your personal information may be accessible from or transmitted outside Australia.
Collection of Personal Financial Information by a Payment Service provider
If you share your information with a social media service (including by posting information to that service), this information may not be removed even after you cancel your account. If you delete your account with us, your account information may still be accessible by others for a short period of time because of the way that your information is stored on the internet.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US